Bunker Fuel Testing and Inspection Service
Bunker Survey Analysis and Inspection
When buying marine fuel, you need to be sure of its quantity and quality. Eurofins has international network of more than 800 laboratories across 47 countries in Europe, North and South America and Asia-Pacific with over 45,000 staff. We provide ship bunker fuel inspection analysis and inspection services to help ensure the quality and quantity of delivered fuels during bunkering. Our testing protocols are in full conformity with ISO 8217 specifications.
- Fuel quality analysis can include the basic ISO 8217 slate but may also be extended to include additional tests, including fuel compatibility and blending assessments. We will help you to avoid costly engine and fuel system problems caused by mixing incompatible fuels. Incompatible fuels blended together can cause precipitates, filter plugging and other major issues.
- Given the major changes required by IMO 2020 0.5%wt sulphur cap and the increased usage and blending of new fuels, we are ready to help you protect your business interests.
- Our quality and quantity testing services enable you to establish compliance with a variety of regulations, including ISO 8217, Marpol Annex VI, Port State Control Inspections, SOx Emission Control Areas (ECA) and additional bunker delivery requirements.
ISO 8217 BUNKER FUEL TESTING AND INSPECTION SERVICES
- Bulk fuel oil cargo custody transfer
- Inspection and testing
- We are partnering with surveyors with strong presence locally and globally to carry out inspection jobs:
- Vessel bunker quantity survey (BQS) in accordance with ISO 13739 & SS600
- On board quantity survey (OBQ/ROB)
- Sampling documentation photographs, as requested or permitted
- Bunker fuel quality testing to ISO 8217, Marpol Annex VI
- Fuel compatibility analysis
- Forensic fuel oil Investigations of issues that arise